This month we welcomed another couple of new members – welcome Joy and Dianne to our happy band of modern makers. We are gearing up for our next delivery of community quilts to the salvo’s domestic violence shelter here in Brisbane. So we had lots of quilts finished and/or donated to add to our stack of quilts ready for delivery day next month.
- Kathi with the mini she received as part of the MQG Swap
- Louisa (one of last month’s new members) with her beautiful bargello
- Louisa with her Alaskan Salmon Wall hanging – completed from a kit bought in Alaska
- Lyndell (another of last month’s new members) with her beautiful Hawaiian Quilt
- Lyndell with a beautiful Paris Quilt
- Vannessa with her Autumn Stars quilt. This quilt was made from a recent sew sampler box
- Alison with her blooming Greenhouse quilt. The pattern for this is by Elizabeth Hartman
- Tania with her absolutely giant snowball quilt. We all loved the extra wide stripy binding that finished this king sized beauty perfectly
- Kim with her Iheartyou quilt made for her son and his fiancee. Pattern available for this beauty from pen and paper patterns
- Kim with a new sewing themed t-shirt. She has been playing with her new cricut cutting machine
- Joy, one of this month’s new members, with her Alternate Endings quilt. Joy had Linda from Quilting by Linda quilt this beauty for her.
- June is participating in the Mini Masterpieces book sew along. This is her January mini, based on the 4-patch block
- June’s February mini masterpiece is a strip sampler
- June with a doll quilt – the fox and the bunny
- Ruth has donated this beautiful Kaffe Fassett top to be raffled as part of an upcoming Biggest Morning Tea fundraiser
- Kim with her Embrace the Chaos quilt that she started in our recent Libs Elliott workshop.
- Kim with her modern take on the orange peel block – this one is her flowering snowball quilt
- The first of our completed charity quilts for February. Vanessa christened her new long arm machine, quilting this for the Guild.
- I Spy charity quilt – the top was put together by Kerry D and Vanessa quilted this one as well
- Moroccan Tiles quilt, made and quilted by Nerida, and donated to our community quilt program
- Assymetrical Star quilt, made and quilted by Nerida, and donated to our community quilt program
- Giant Log Cabin quilt, made and quilted by Nerida, and donated to our community quilt program
- Double Strippy Quilt, made and quilted by Julie and donated to our community quilt program
- Square in a square quilt, made and quilted by Jan and donated to our community quilt program
- Another strippy quilt, this one made and quilted by Jan and donated to our community quilt program
- Scrappy improv times 2, made and quilted by Jan and both donated to our community quilt program
Our members have been busy with lots of community sewing – we have a few tree blocks completed to send down to Wollongong MQG to assist in their quilt drive to fire affected communities.
We have also been busy making zippered pouches. A few members spent some time on Sunday packing these with donated toiletries and we will be handing these over to the Salvo’s next month along with a very big pile of quilts